Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Agriculture
Function: Graphic Design
Employer: One Acre Fund/Tubura
Location: Rubengera, Rwanda preferred; Kigali, Rwanda considered
Duration: One-year Renewable Contract
Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Job type: Full Time
Deadline: 27th November 2015
WHO WE ARE:
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, We have grown to serve 106,000 farm families with 1,200 full-time staff in Rwanda. In Burundi, we have grown to serve 28,000 farm families with over 300 full-time staff. Organization wide, we are on track to serve one million farmers across 6 countries by 2020. We only serve farmers, and we always put Farmers First. We are growing rapidly, to help manage this growth; we are looking for a Graphic Designer.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced graphic designer to help support One Acre Fund’s growing collateral need. As a designer, you will work closely with the design manager, as well as the Rwanda and Burundi field teams. Your work will focus on producing high-quality, field-facing materials that reach One Acre Fund farmers. Through the collateral you design, you will help impact the lives of smallholder farmers by encouraging program enrollment, increasing planting and training adoption through easy-to-understand guides, and assisting in promoting products that help improve their quality of life.
This position requires a strong understanding of the elements and principles of design. A successful candidate should also be capable of self-motivating and structured work planning, as this position will be working under remote management the majority of the time. Previous experience with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a must.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the design needs of our Rwanda and Burundi field teams
- Design planting guides and training materials, as well as marketing materials for the field operations team to distribute to One Acre Fund farmers
- Work proactively with all departments in order to produce compelling and brand relevant collateral
- Assist design manager in supporting other departments’ design needs when necessary (Business Development, Recruitment, Government Services, etc.)
- Create clean and organized design filesPrepare files for print (Correct file dimensions, image resolutions, and color specifications)
- Some travel required
- Diploma or certificate from a recognized university (Please include scores on your resume).
- A minimum of 1–2 years professional experience working in print design or digital design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and a clean and polished design aesthetic
- Ability to follow brand standards in order to produce a seamless organizational look
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
- Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, as well as adhere to tight deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work individually in addition to collaborating with a team
- Familiarity with working on a Mac platform desired
- Experience with preparing files for print a plus
- Illustration skills a plus
LANGUAGE: English required, Kinyarwanda desired
Please click on this link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41264122616951
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV and (3-5 samples, no larger than 20mb),
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura fraud Hotline: 0785 443 136 (Please do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts).