Government Service Project Specialist
Job Description: Government Services Officer Project Specialist
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Employer: One Acre Fund.
Job Location: Kigali with extensive travels in Rwanda.
Commitment: Minimum two years commitment, full time job.
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization.
To help manage this growth, we are looking for ‘’Government services project specialist’’ we are looking for applicants that are driven, hardworking, and have successful professional records to fulfill different roles on our team.
One Acre Fund works closely with local and national governments. Our principal focus is the Ministry of Agriculture in countries where we operate, but we also pay close attention to other actors in the agricultural sector.
Our government relations team supports field operations to provide vital services to farmers. It also informs our wider policy, communications, and outreach work. We believe that powerful opportunities exist to partner with the government to shape and implement effective policy, coordinated with our significant field presence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain One Acre Fund relations with key agricultural sector actors such as regulators, research institutions, donor programs, partner organizations, and local media.
- Research and analyze policy issues at local and national levels affecting the country’s agricultural sector.
- Represent One Acre Fund in Kigali in the policy-making community through active participation in different policy working groups.
- Support One Acre Fund relations with national government figures, organizations, regulators and researchers.
- Enhance quarterly reports, organized field visits, and overall local government outreach.
- Develop the capacity of our local government team through detailed work planning, strategic thinking skills, training, and mentoring.
- Strengthen One Acre Fund relations with priority individuals in local government.
- Responsible for collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Commitment to living in a rural area for an extended period of time.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Excellent command of English.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis skills.
- Top performing academic background (must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a business, agriculture or related field).
- At least 2 years of solid working experience in agriculture research, or agricultural services.
Please click on this link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41264122616951
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura HR Hotline: 0785443136 (Please do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts).
For more information, download the attached document .